Friday, March 25, 2005

March 25, 2005 - Good Friday, Lady Day

[Mary] Flannery O'Connor was born on this day in 1925.
She died in of lupus in 1964 at the age of 39. Two quotes:

"I come from a family where the only emotion respectable to show is irritation. In some this tendency produces hives, in others literature, in me both."

"I suppose I divide people into 2 classes; the Irksome and the Non-Irksome."
I keep a copy of the complete collection of O'Connor's stories on the bookshelf near my bedside.


Easter Theme Music Blogging
Print out these great Irish tunes with an Easter theme from The Session website and trill them on the instrument of your choice, or convince your family musicians to play them!

Good Friday - D major jig
Palm Sunday - A-Dorian jig - and one of CALL's favorite tunes
The Sporting Days of Easter - D-Mixolydian reel

No comments: